Social Media Code of Conduct
Thank you for following the social media platforms of the Mareeba Heritage Museum and Visitor Information Centre (the Centre).
The Centre welcomes and encourages users to discuss and interact on tourism and museum-related topics in a manner that respects different opinions. However, users should be aware that, to foster respectful dialogue, the following will not be tolerated:
- personal attacks and insults;
- posts that incite discrimination, violence, obscenity or offensive behaviour, including threats of any of the above;
- posts that incite any form of harassment or illegal behaviour;
- defamatory claims;
- posts that promote or discredit a product, company, political party or any other organization;
- posts that pose a breach of privacy for others by including personal information;
- advertising or propaganda;
- posts that include off-topic or incomprehensible content;
- repetitive messages.
The Centre will use their discretion in determining whether content meets any of the above criteria.
Users posting on our social media platforms are responsible for their own behaviour. The Centre reserves the right to delete comments or publications, and to ban or block users. Decisions made by the Centre are final.
The Centre reserves the right to update this code of conduct at any time and without notice to users, to better address any situation that poses a concern to the Centre, their representatives and employees, or any visitors, social media users, stakeholders or members of the general public.
We do our best to respond quickly to any queries submitted via social media. Please note that Centre management monitors their social media platforms and respond to users during regular business hours.
If you have not had a response to your query within 48 hours, or have any questions about this code of conduct, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org